Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to Confessions of a Local Florist Blog! This is an exciting new venture for me and my Floral Shop. I hope to be able to share my journey through the flower business, my creative passion and hopefully inspire others along the way.


Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." Hans Christian Andersen

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A little more about me.

I wanted to let everyone know a little more about my journey into flowers and how I have come to where I am today.
I started my first florist together with my husband Peter Sklikas in 1991, this was in Cherry Hill New Jersey. I always had a natural attraction to flowers, maybe because I am Dutch it seemed to be a logical profession to explore. I do believe it was fate that I had a talent for arranging flowers, some might say a gift from god. After 5 years we decided to sell our business, I had a baby girl, Sam, and we moved back to Europe where we started a Flower shop in Athens Greece. My husband is from Greece. Flower shops and flower arrangements are a lot different in Europe, we really enjoyed the our time there but after 5 years did decide to move back to the USA. It was then that we bought Abbott Florist in 2001 already-7 years ago, in this lovely community called Washington Township. 2 years ago we bought our own building on 138 Fries Mill Road, Turners ville, New Jersey. I have currently have 8 associates working in our shop in the areas of design, sales and delivery. It is great to be creative every day.

No comments: